We are pleased to announce that OSVDB 2.0 has officially gone live!
What’s new in OSVDB 2.0?
- Completely rewritten from scratch in ruby on rails
- Improved performance and reliability
- Custom OSVDB Portal implemented
- Integration between old backend mangler interface and frontend
- Wiki style updates with moderation capabilities
- Updates available per field in vulnerability / full update not required
- Enhanced classification system, OSVDB is now tracking additional fields:
- Context Dependent
- Vuln Dependent
- Security Software
- Coordinated Disclosure
- Uncoordinated Disclosure
- Vendor Disputed
- Vendor Verified
- Solution Types o Wireless
- Project is now positioned to provide robust metrics and reporting
- Capable of integration with addition security products
- Comment system updated and available for user to provide feedback on vulns
- Each vulnerability now displays relevant blogs for additional reading
- Watchlist service for new vulnerabilities now available
- Enhanced vendor dictionary with new search function
- Old exports will be available for the next few months
- Integration with Google checkout for donations and subscriptions
- Much more…
It is with great pleasure that I also introduce Dave Shettler and announce that he has accepted the position of Development Lead for the project! Dave has brought stability to our development team and has really helped to reinvent the project. Without his efforts none of this would have been possible.
There are so many people and organizations that have made OSVDB successful and we appreciate the continued support. Special thanks to all that contributed time and energy into OSVDB 2.0 and we look forward to many exciting things to come!
All accounts have been converted from the old system, but you will need to request a new password. If you have any feedback or would like to become involved with the project please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org